Tuesday, September 23, 2008

You've got mail

I sent an email yesterday to coworkers to spill the beans and the #1 question I am asked today... "Does this mean you get to go to Norway?" Funny. Who would have thought that folks think that, first and foremost. I suppose it goes to reason, but it has caught me off-guard. Yes, I suppose we will eventually visit Trondheim now, more than we would have a year ago, but it has always been in my plans to go back to Norway in the summer. After spending three weeks there in the winter, I would love to see a change in season.

Here is the email I sent:

Dear Friends & Colleagues,

Yes, I'm doing it again! It is with much excitement that I wish to share what a miracle I will be giving back to the world next Spring. Some of you may have wondered if the weight I gained over the summer would ever go away, but in your kindness have opted not to say anything. Others may have already seen the glow in my face and suspected I was up to something.

So to make a long story, short: I am now 11 weeks pregnant. And this life force I am carrying will only be raised by me for the first 9 months of its lifetime. I am a gestational surrogate for a wonderful couple from Norway, Hanne & Tommy. We have spent time over the last year getting to know one another and I cannot express in words how thrilled I am to help them realize their dream of becoming a family!

It is my hope that you will share in this joy with me and support me throughout this journey. As it is a personal decision and there are aspects of this which are not mine to share, please also know that I will respect the privacy of the intended parents by not answering some questions. This was such a fabulous experience the first time, I couldn't help but want to do it again!

With warm regards,

Julie


This is very simliar to the one I sent a couple of years ago, with a few tweaks. I am getting supportive congratulations all around!

No comments: