Sunday, January 4, 2009

26 Weeks

I felt Sanna with the hiccups for the first time this past weekend. She's growing, flipping & bumping on a daily basis. She really seems to like Sunday mornings in church and my singing (at least someone does?! LOL!) as her activity seems to pick up for that hour each week. So far I can still flip from side to side in bed without too much effort.

From Babycenter:

How your baby's growing:
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. She may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when hse's born and takes that first gulp of air. And she's continuing to put on baby fat. She now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel.




JP wanted to know this morning if you will need a stroller while you're here? I know you'll need a carseat. We can help you look into borrowing these while you're here if you don't want to purchase and have even more to travel home with... just let us know.

This week we have a check-up on Friday afternoon and I take the glucose tolerance test for gestational diabetes. I don't have any concerns and I'm sure the afternoon appointment will be pretty routine.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Julie,

I have a carseat and base they can use as well as a bouncy seat and swing. Let me know what I can dig out of the closet for you guys!!

Kristin said...

You look so great pregnant...part of why you are such a great surro!

(That and your caring, giving heart too, of course.)

Your pregnancy is flying by for me, how about you? Sometimes it has really driven me crazy when people have mentioned how quickly my pregnancy has gone for THEM.

Hope you are feeling very well.